Ladies & Gents!
I am opening the door back up for freelance consults.
These are a one hour session with me, over the phone, to talk about improving your freelance business. In the past, I have discussed the following topics:
- How to find more clients
- How to find better clients
- How to make more money
- How to start a freelance business
- How to freelance while working a full time job
- How to leave a full time job to freelance
- How to raise my rates
- How to fire a bad client
- How to market better
- How to move into another niche
- How to figure out my pen names (yes really, true story!)
One person told me it's like freelance therapy. I've had cases where someone knew what they needed to do (i.e. ask for more money from a long time) but they needed me to validate that they were right to ask, and then suggest how to do so. If you have a problem, we'll figure out what the problem is, and how to fix it.
What these consults are NOT:
- Coaching. These are one shot deals, not ongoing relationships. I don't have the bandwidth to do that, and plenty of people already offer freelance coaching!
- Pitch critiques. I am here to talk about your business, not the nitty gritty of pitching. I don't even pitch much anymore! (and when you don't have to pitch, you can make more money per assignment – big fan of having work handed to me! Which we can of course talk about)
- Contact sharing. I am not going to give you the names and email addresses of my editors. I'm also not going to offer any tips on how to get in good with them. You're not buying access. These consults are about your business, not the nitty gritty of pitching.
- Guarantees. I can tell you what to do, but you have to go out and do it.
These sessions are also 100% confidential. If you break that trust, I will never work with you again and block your emails. Yes, really. I'm that serious about it.
Consults are $100 per one hour session, paid at least 24 hours in advance of the call.
If you are interested in booking one, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (this is an old email address I'm using just for this purpose. If you add me to a mailing list, I'll know! Don't do that!)
And if you were on the waiting list and didn't hear back, please let me know. I think I got back to everyone, but I'm not perfect!
Until Next Time!
Jen A. Miller